Friday, April 13, 2012

Fun with Perler Beads

Holy cow, it's been almost a year since I've blogged.  I didn't mean to forget the blog but I'm going to work extra hard to start blogging a couple of times a week. I want to make sure I document the kids more since they are growing up way too fast!!

This week is Spring Break for us so yesterday we headed to the craft store to pick up some supplies.  Today we decided to try making some creations with perler beads.








I think the kids enjoyed it but it did end up being frustrating for some of them.  Minnie made a super awesome monkey but when I went to iron it I messed the whole thing up.  What a bummer!  Riley fixed it for her, though, so we ended up with a few pieces that worked.  I made a bunny for Truman and a butterfly for Daisy.

After beading we decided to walk about a mile and a half up the road to the campground.  They have the only park within walking distance and the kids really needed to get out and get some running and rough housing done.  We had a great time until Truman fell and busted his lip.  The walk home wasn't much fun.  I love the picture of my boys swinging.  I don't have any brothers so it's a lot of fun to watch  my boys together :)



XOXO
Lea

No comments: