- 4 c. dry oats (old-fashioned)
- 1 1/2 c. flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 c. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/2 c. sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (in all honesty, I don't measure...I just shake some in until it seems good)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. coconut oil
- 4 eggs (I used 2 whole eggs and the equivalent of 2 eggs from egg whites)
- 2 heaping scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
- Optional: 1.5 cups of raisins, craisins, or any other dried fruit. My kids are far too picky for that so we left them plain.
- 1/2 tsp salt (I forgot this the first time, sorry!)
Pour all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and then mix well.
Press mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
You are probably supposed to let them cool before cutting them but that's not how we roll around these parts. The kids give this recipe a thumb's up, which is great since this is what they'll be eating for breakfast :)
You can try all different things to change it up a bit. I have a batch in the oven now that has some coconut in it and you could also easily add peanut butter, too.