Monday, March 16, 2009

Daisy Faith




Our much anticipated bundle of joy entered the world on Friday, March 13th, 2009. Daisy Faith Thomas entered this world at 8:56pm, weighing 8 pounds 8.7 ounces and 21 inches long. Her apgars were 9 and 9 :o) This is the baby that we weren't sure would be born healthy or not. After 5 months of praying, hoping, and just counting on Faith, we were blessed with this precious baby girl that looks healthy! Praise God!

I arrived at the hospital at 7:00 am with Sam and Riley. It took a little bit to be admitted and set up in my room but they started my pitocin at 8:08 am. I had a very nice nurse, Ella, from Australia, that stayed with me all day, until about 7:10 pm. My water was broken around 9:30 and then I got my epidural in the 2:00 hour. It took several tries for my epidural got in, due to my scoliosis, and it hurt like heck, but once in all was good.

This happened to be my very longest labor ever...which seems kind of funny considering she's my 7th baby...but worth every second of it all!

Daisy is just soooo sweet! Loves her Mama, loves being held, and loves nursing. Now...if only my milk would hurry up and come in. Little Miss is hungry and has a super strong suck!

The pictures are when she was one day old :o)

No comments: