Monday, March 16, 2009

Trying to adjust...

Well, today was the first entire day home with Daisy. It's been quite interesting as my mom was here for part of the day (then Sam and the kids took her back to the airport).

Daisy had a very good night last night. She nursed around 11:00pm, 2:00 am, and then again at 5:30 am. She slept great and so did I.

I got up at 6:00 am to get the kids ready for school and Daisy slept for all of that, which worked out well. I'm thinking she's a bit more yellow today which may be the reason why she's sleeping so well. We got to her check up tomorrow and we'll probably have her jaundice looked at then. She did have 2 really good poopy diapers so hopefully the bilirubin is breaking up and leaving her body.

The trickiest part is going to be watching Truman and making sure he doesn't hurt Daisy. He was not happy at all when he visited me at the hospital and now it seems that he may like her (he says "baby" when he sees her) but he is so rough that I can't tell if he's patting her head or hitting her. Plus, he's coming down with a cold and has been crabby as can be....not something I feel like dealing with, truthfully.

Anyway, I've decided to blog more so I can record everything about this joyous time in our lives. Daisy is our last baby and I want to cherish all of her babyhood and not forget any of it :o)

No comments: