Monday, April 25, 2011

Busy....

Oh my, my kids are just always busy.  They don't relax which means I don't, either.  It's a bit after 10:00 am here and Daisy and Truman have already had me fix them oatmeal for breakfast, chicken tenders for their second breakfast, and popcorn for snack.  10 am...people...10 am.  If I didn't have kids I wouldn't even be out of bed yet! Ha!

We've also managed to take baths and wash hair and then get ready for this afternoon's dentist appointments.  I'm really looking forward to this appointment because it's for Max and Lincoln and I get to bring Truman and Daisy with me.  Doesn't this sound like a party??!!  Not to mention Max just looooooves going to the dentist and is very cooperative .  In case some of you don't know, kids with sensory issues aren't really fond of people poking around in their mouths with weird looking tools.  It makes for a super fun visit, trust me ;)


Truman did want to play with the webcam on my laptop so we took a couple of silly pictures.  Yeah, the quality is horrible but here we are in all our silliness.





In all the hustle and bustle of my daily life with seven kids, I've realized I must take time out to enjoy the silly moments...because they are what we will remember :)

I did some soul searching on Easter and  found the best quote yesterday and it rings really true for me:

Judging a person does not define who they are.
It defines who YOU are.



I also found some great words to live by that I think everyone can benefit from.  I'm working on putting this into practice.  Will you?

BEFORE YOU TALK, LISTEN.
BEFORE YOU REACT, THINK.
BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE, WAIT.
BEFORE YOU PRAY, FORGIVE.
BEFORE YOU QUIT, TRY.


Imagine how much more loving and peaceful the world would be and could be :)  

XO
Lea

No comments: